1: Welcome Back
Review of Syllabus
Brief Discussion about character design
- Front and side orthographic drawings lined up properly on gridded paper
- Bind Poses: T-Pose vs Ideal Pose
- Rigging happens on the low-poly version of the model. Do not smooth and delete history
Brief discussion on 3 common forms of rigging
- Direct Connect (nodes)
Demo: Bouncing Ball Rig
- Simple controls
- Animation easily transferrable
- Controls unique and undertandable
- Correct rotate order
- Controls named correctly
- Limited keyabliltiy
Begin working on the homework
Email me at email@example.com. Make sure to find my reply, flag as not-spam, and reply.
Watch Part 1 of Animation Friendly Rigging.
Read Stop Staring chapters 1-2.
Design a character for to be modeled, rigged, and animated throughout the semester.
- Character designs should include an expression sheet, front, and side orthographic view lined up properly on gridded paper.
- Begin Modeling.
Create a bouncing ball rig for review next week.
- Ball moves around
- Has squash and stretch
- Squash and stretch can be angled
- Can squash and stretch against any object
- Ball rotates
- Rotation/Squash and stretch independent