1: Welcome Back
Review of Syllabus
- In class Do Now
- Previous weeks homework review
- Homework in 2 parts:
- Content to review/watch
- Work to produce
Brief Discussion about character design
- Front and side orthographic drawings lined up properly on gridded paper
- Bind Poses: T-Pose vs Ideal Pose
- Rigging happens on the low-poly version of the model. Do not smooth and delete history
Brief discussion on 3 common forms of rigging
- Direct Connect (nodes)
Demo: Bouncing Ball Rig
- Simple controls
- Animation easily transferrable
- Controls unique and undertandable
- Correct rotate order
- Controls named correctly
- Limited keyabliltiy
Begin working on the homework
Watch the entire course on lynda.com: Rigging mechanical objects in Maya. This will be the basis for each weeks in-class do now.
Design a character to be modeled, rigged, and animated throughout the semester.
- Character designs should include an expression sheet, front, and side orthographic view lined up properly on gridded paper.
- Begin Modeling.
- If using a stock model, must be all quads with good edge flow.
Create a bouncing ball rig for review next week.
- Ball moves around
- Has squash and stretch
- Squash and stretch can be angled
- Can squash and stretch against any object
- Ball rotates
- Rotation/Squash and stretch independent